I started this recipe challenge last year in order to create a place for great recipes that are good for us in terms of their nutrition content and health benefits, but not at the expense of taste. The idea was to create a collection of recipes for the foodies out there that can't face the thought of strict diets, or calorie counting, but want to make sure that the food they are eating has the best possible benefits to their health. In short, foodies like me!
As we step over the threshold of 2014, many of us will be making a note in the front cover of our shiny crease-free new diaries of our New Year's Resolutions, and once again, "Lose Weight" tops the charts in terms of the most popular resolution (and unsurprisingly, the most broken resolution too). Many will turn to the latest celebrity diet trends, and quit shortly after because of their inflexible rules, bland and monotone tastes, and often expensive elements.
So for this month's Feel Good Food, I'm hosting a free for all in terms of ingredients, and ask only that the theme for recipes is;
TASTY AND INEXPENSIVE
Let's create an awesome recipe bank of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options that promote a healthy diet, packed with flavour, without breaking the bank. Ooo and feel free to share your New Year's resolutions too! Mine is to start my own business!
As always, the challenge rules are;
- Each month the new challenge will be announced on the 1st of the month, and recipes should be submitted by midnight on the 28th.
- You can enter as many recipes into each challenge as you like, the more the merrier. Existing posts are welcome, as long as they contain the chosen ingredient and have been updated to include a link back to this challenge.
- Recipes can be your own or someone else's, but if you do use an existing recipe please credit the source.
- Posts must contain the Feel Good Food logo above, be tagged with Feel Good Food, and contain a link back to this site.
- You can add your post using the linky tool at the bottom of this post, or alternatively email me a copy of the URL link to firstname.lastname@example.org so that I know it is there, and I can include it in the round up at the end of the month.
- If you are on Twitter, tweet me the link at @ThePantryDoor1, using the hashtag #FeelGoodFood and I will retweet as well.